Friday, December 14, 2007

Playing The Game ....

Sad and confused I feel lost and abused
Stuck in a rut with all the doors shut
I’m at a loss on how to pull though
I opened the window, now my thoughts run loose.

Ecstatic on the inside, my eyes are wide open
Scouting locations to address what needs to be heard
Contentious issues keep plaguing my clarity
Needing to separate fact from fiction
It’s a difficult thing for anyone to hear

I push myself higher until there is no air,
Taking these steps to rid myself of regret
What looked like a mountain has turned into lava flows
How much longer it will take is something I cannot fear

Playing the game is how this began
Choosing to proceed, turning back is not clear
My soul needs redemption, cleansing, releasing
Crushing my head, time is stabbing me with a spear

Holding onto home will not show what is known
Boundaries are moving swiftly, driving me away from the gnome
Separating the mind, soul & body is the sign
Destroying the demons is the only way to go

Accepting isolation, retracting from saturation
Love is the opposite of what’s needed this year
If the fighting does not lead to victory
Little can be gained in this realm I share

Running on empty is how this will be beat
Attacking myself will reveal what’s beneath
Survival is critical to the challenge
Doing what is right will keep love in a heart beat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home